The number of COVID-19 cases in NSW has surged again today with 22 new local cases announced.
The total number of cases linked to the Bondi cluster now sits at 65. All of the new NSW cases are have been linked.
So far the only unconnected coronavirus case in Sydney in the past week is a nine-year-old boy from Waverly. “Because this is a contagious strain, we anticipate that close to 100 per cent of everybody in a household is likely to get the virus if one person has had positive test results,” NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said.
Ms Berejiklian announced a lockdown for four local government areas in Sydney, including the CBD.
People who live and work in Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and the City of Sydney are now subject to a stay-at-home order.
That will be in place for a week, until next Friday.
“You need to stay at home unless absolutely necessary,” she said.
“The necessary reasons include – if you can’t work from home and you have to work outside of home.