After the Bombay High Court granted bail to Aryan Khan, son of superstar Shah Rukh Khan, in the cruise drugs case, Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Nawab Malik on Thursday continued to target NCB’s zonal director Sameer Wankhede, saying the picture is not over yet.
Tweeting in Hindi, Mr Malik said, “Picture abhi baaki hai (The picture is not over yet).”
The High Court granted bail to Aryan Khan and his two co-accused over three weeks after their arrest by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
Aryan, Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha were arrested by the anti-drugs agency on October 3 and charged under relevant sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) for possession, consumption, sale/purchase of banned drugs, conspiracy and abetment.
Mr Malik, the state minority affairs minister, has repeatedly termed the cruise drugs case as “fake” and levelled various allegations against Mr Wankhede, including illegal phone tapping and using forged documents to secure job.
In a video message circulated to media on Thursday, Mr Malik said, “The officer (Wankhede) who arrested Aryan Khan and others has now approached the Bombay High Court requesting a restraining order against Mumbai police from arresting him. He had approached Mumbai police in the last week requesting protection. He must have done something really wrong and that is why he is afraid of action against him.”